This heavenly hash can be eaten for breakfast, lunch or dinner along-side a nice piece of crusty bread. Two out of three kids in my house love kale, but when I made this recipe, it was three out of three. Mix in some crispy potatoes with your greens and everyone will go krazy for kale.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, such as Colavita, divided
- 4 medium Idaho potatoes, cut into small cubes (about 4 cups)
- 1 bunch kale, chopped (I prefer lacinato, but any kind will do)
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon each cumin and chili powder (optional)
- 4 eggs
1. Heat 3 tablespoons evoo in a large sauté pan over high heat. Add potatoes and spread out. Reduce heat to medium and cook potatoes until the outsides are crisp but the insides are soft about 15 minutes.
2. Add kale and garlic, cook until just wilted. Add salt, pepper, and other spices if desired, stir to mix and adjust seasoning to taste. If it gets too dry you can add a little water. Keep the pan warm while you cook your eggs.
3. In a separate skillet over medium heat, add the other 1 tablespoon evoo and cook eggs sunny-side-up; turn over just to ensure they are cooked, slide onto hash and serve.