This dish is an elegant way to wow your guests. You can serve it as an entree or appetizer and bring Israel to your guest’s plate.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 ServingsServings
- 6 oz. Kataifi (thawed in fridge)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- oil spray
- 1 small onion, small dice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small green zucchini, small dice
- 1/2 pound ground lamb meat
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon Jerusalem mix spice blend
- Preheat oven to 350F. Pull kataifi with your hands to separate them and rip roughly into 2-inch lengths. Place in a bowl and continue separating with fingers and toss with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Grease cupcake pan with the oil spray and divided the pulled kataifi and using the tips of your fingers create nests. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool to room temperature.
- In a large frying pan heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil and sauté the diced onions until clear (about 3-5 minutes). Add the garlic and cook for 30-45 seconds, add the zucchini and continue cooking for 5 additional minutes. Add the ground lamb and cook for 5 minutes. While cooking constantly crumble the lamb using a spatula. Add the Jerusalem spice mixand let the spices bloom for 2 more minutes, taste and add spice if you wish. Add the chopped herbs and cook for additional 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Once ready to serve spoon some of the lamb into the kataifi nests. Serve with tahini and pine nuts.