I make my King's Crown Honey Apple Cake every year for Rosh Hashana. It is rich with apples, honey, cinnamon, ginger, pomegranate tea, and peach brandy- which makes it so moist and delicious. Before serving I dust it with powdered sugar.
The fluted pan is from Pampered Chef and is no longer being sold but if you are diligent I bet you could find one.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup honey
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup pomegranate tea
- 1/4 cup peach brandy
- 3 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoons ginger
- 2 medium apples, grated
1. In a large bowl, mix eggs, oil, and honey until light and fluffy. Set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and ginger. Set aside.
3. In a small bowl, mix the brandy and tea together.
4. Add the dry ingredients and the brandy/tea mixture alternatively to the large bowl. Add apples and stir enough to mix, but don't over mix.
5. Pour into a 12-cup fluted pan and cook at 325° for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
6. Let cool in the pan and then turn over onto a plate. Freezes well.