A delicious quick-cooking soup that will warm you on a cold day, but won't weigh you down. You will love the flavors that come out of this simple and easy to make soup.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 (3.5-ounce) cartons sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 6 cups water
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- ¾ cup dry white wine
- 1 leek, washed and sliced; use just white part, about 1/2 cup
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger (or 1 teaspoon ground ginger)
- 1½ teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- ¼ cup fresh minced parsley (or 1 tablespoon dried parsley)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill (or 1 teaspoon dried dill)
- 4 frozen crushed garlic cubes
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Place mushrooms, water, broth, wine, leeks, ginger, sesame oil, parsley, dill, garlic, and salt in a 6-quart stockpot
- Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 50 minutes.
- Ladle into bowls and serve.