Fish stuffed into an avocado is an authentic South African dish that traditionally contained non- kosher seafood. To make this kosher, I substituted kani, fake crab sticks.
You can always serve this seafood salad on its own with diced avocado mixed in. Find more salads to complement your avocados, Stuffed Avocados.
- Prep Time
- 4 ripe avocados
- 8 sticks kani (fake crab stick), shredded
- 1 Persian cucumber, diced
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ⅛ cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ⅓ cup chopped scallions
- ⅛ cup hot sauce or sriracha
- ⅛ cup ketchup
- Garnish: crispy shallots, radishes cut into matchstick
1. Slice avocado in half and remove pit.
2. In a medium bowl, mix mayonnaise, lemon juice, honey, scallions and hot sauce. Add kani and cucumber. Stir to combine.
3. Fill avocado with kani mixture. Top with crispy shallots and radishes. Serve immediately.