I do love making my own pizza dough, but sometimes it just doesn't happen and my new favorite short cut is using laffa for pizza crust. It is the perfect size and shape for an individual pizza. In Israel it is easy to find fresh laffa, but if you can't get it feel free to use pita bread. This pizza is unique in flavor and toppings with pesto as the sauce and roasted cauliflower, but you can change it up however you like.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 laffa bread or pita
- 2 tablespoons store bought or homemade pesto
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup roasted cauliflower
- 1/8 cup oven roasted tomatoes
- 4 cloves roasted garlic
- Dash red pepper flakes
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Place laffa on a baking sheet. Spread laffa with pesto and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Top with roasted cauliflower, roasted tomatoes, roasted garlic and red pepper flakes. Cover with mozzarella cheese.
3. Put pizza in oven and cook for about 20 minutes or until cheese is melted to your liking.
4. Sprinkle with fresh herbs if desired before serving.
Note: This recipe is for 1 pizza, but is easily doubled or tripled as needed.