You can prepare the lamb way ahead of time and let it sit in the refrigerator to marinate. Then, when you're ready, skewer the lamb alternately with cherry tomatoes and pieces of red onion and broil. A sumptuous meal in no time.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 pounds cubed lamb, 3/4-inch cubes
- 24 cherry tomatoes
- 3 small red onions, cut into 1/8ths
1. In a large bowl, combine oil with salt, cinnamon, cumin, cardamom, coriander and lime juice and stir to mix well.
2. Add lamb, tomatoes and onions and toss to coat.
3. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours.
4. To make kebabs, skewer one piece of lamb, followed by a tomato, add another piece of lamb, followed by an onion. Repeat so that each skewer is full of lamb, 2 tomatoes and 2 onions.
5. Broil on high for 8-10 minutes for medium doneness or 12-14 minutes for well done.