Marinate this lamb roast overnight and roast the next day for a juicy, tender, and flavorful meal.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 10 - 12Servings
- 5 - 6 pound Grow and Behold lamb roast
- 2 celery stalks, cut into ¼-inch pieces
- 2 carrots, cut into ¼-inch pieces
- 2 onions, cut into ¼-inch pieces
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 branches of fresh rosemary
- 6 pinches dried sage
- 2 cups of dry white wine
- ⅔ cup red wine vinegar
- splash of olive oil
- 6 cups of Grow and Behold chicken broth
1. Mix all ingredients except stock to create marinade. Marinate the roast in the fridge in a plastic bag or Tupperware for 12 to 24 hours. Turn the roast 2 to 3 times during this period.
2. Preheat oven to 200°F (for convection roast), or 225°F (for regular roasting). Pour marinade into a Dutch oven, add chicken broth, and combine. Add roast to Dutch oven and place in oven, uncovered.
3. Cook until internal temperature reaches 137°F (rare), or 142°F (medium-rare). Remove roast from Dutch oven and set on a plate to drain. Move Dutch oven to stovetop, and reduce braising liquid by at least one-half (a bit more is fine), taking care not to burn. Pour reduction through cheesecloth into a gravy separator. Solids can be mashed and spread on bread (or matzah). Save strained jus to serve, warmed, with the roast.
4. Heat a small amount of oil in a cast iron or stainless steel skillet. Pat roast dry if necessary, and sear on all sides.
5. Remove netting before slicing .
Want recipes like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up now for Jamie Geller's Weekly Newsletter.