The rich flavors of pumpkin and chocolate compliment each other fabulously in this versatile quick bread. Serve some tonight!
- 3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cup oil
- 2 cup pumpkin
- 2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (12-oz bag)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Beat eggs, sugar and oil until light in color.
- Add, alternately, dry ingredients and pumpkin, mixing between each addition.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour into large ungreased tube pan until half full (or 9 x 13 pan).
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour and 10 minutes, until dry in center.
This cake also may be baked in muffin tins, two 8"x8" pans, two large loaf pans or three small ones. The baking time will be shorter if you use smaller pans or muffin tins, so keep an eye on them. This recipe can be easily halved or doubled.
Contributed by: Elizabeth Book Kratz, CKCA