There are many variations to meatballs. But the secret to making perfect meatballs is to let them rest in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before cooking them. Leeks along with ground cloves and all spice give to this dish a unique flavor.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 12 servingsServings
- 2 medium leeks, washed and trimmed
- 1 medium size potato
- 1/3 cup of fresh cilantro
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of pepper
- 1 teaspoon of ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon of all spice
- 2 cups of vegetarian chicken stock
1. Boil the leeks for about 45 minutes. Once they are ready, rinse them under cold water.
2. In the bowl of a food processor, grind the leeks, potato and cilantro. Add this mixture to the ground beef along with the breadcrumbs and the spices. Mix very well with wet hand. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
3. In a large pot , heat up 2 cups of pareve chicken stock. Form your meatballs and arrange them in the pot. Cover and cook on a low fire for about 20 to 25 minutes.