These muffins can be served for dessert or breakfast with a cup of coffee or tea. My lemon blueberry oat muffins are a lightened up version of your traditional breakfast muffin. They are low in sugar, but high in fiber, texture, and flavor. The cinnamon gives these muffins a warm flavor, the lemon adds some zest and freshness, and the blueberries add a burst of sweetness.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 12 muffins ServingsServings
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon. baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2, Line a muffin pan with 12 muffin liners, set aside.
3. In a small bowl combine the soy milk with the lemon juice and set aside.
4. In a bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and lemon zest. Stir to combine.
5. Add in the egg, oil, vanilla and soy milk mixture and stir to combine.
6. Carefully stir in the blueberries. Divide the batter between 12 muffin cups. Bake for 15 minutes until the muffins are firm and spring back to the touch.