- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3/4 pound smoked Pacific albacore
- 8 ounces dry rotini (corkscrew-shaped pasta, or pasta of choice)
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup julienned blanched green beans
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 1-1 1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1 tablespoon salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1-1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed OR 1-1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh dill weed
1 Break smoked albacore into small bite-size pieces; set aside.
2 Cook pasta; drain and rinse with cold water.
3 Combine all dressing ingredients; mix well.
4 Toss together pasta, peppers, beans, onions, smoked albacore, and dressing.
5 If possible, allow salad to stand for several hours, or overnight, in the refrigerator to allow flavors to meld together.
6 Serve cold.
Source: National Fisheries Institute