- Prep Time
- 4 to 6 servings ServingsServings
- 1 (1-pound) box:linguini
- :For sauce
- 1 tablespoon :olive oil
- 2 tablespoons:prepared crushed garlic
- 1 :small onion, diced
- 1 (24-ounce) can:tomato sauce
- 1 (16-ounce) package :chopped frozen spinach , thawed and drained
- 1/3 cup :grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons:heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon:salt
- 1/4 teaspoon:coarse black pepper
- Cook linguini according to package directions. While pasta is cooking prepare sauce.
- In a 10-inch skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic, sauté for 1 minute. Add onion and sauté until soft and lightly golden.
- Add tomato sauce, spinach and cheese, stirring well.
- Add cream, salt and pepper, and stir.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes. Pour over pasta and toss.
Tip: This sauce is also delish over grilled fish such as tuna, sea bass or halibut.
This recipe is an original from my Aunt Rachel. It has the aroma and sophisticated taste of a complex Italian dish, without a days worth of work.