Make sure to use this recipe for perfect deviled eggs. In this recipe I swap the mayo for healthy avocado and add a little smoked salmon for extra fun -- a great way to combine the egg course with the fish course this Passover.
- Prep Time
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 large ripe avocado, pitted and peeled
- 2 ounces smoked salmon, minced
- 1 - 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 jalapeño, half minced and half sliced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced or 1 frozen garlic cube
- Pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
1. Slice hard-boiled eggs in half vertically.
2. Remove egg yolks and place in a resealable plastic bag. Add avocado, smoked salmon, lime juice, minced jalapeño, cilantro, garlic, and cayenne. Mix and mash everything together in the bag. Once well blended, taste and adjust seasoning to taste.
3. You can keep everything in the fridge in bags at this point until ready to serve. Snip a small hole in the corner of the bag and pipe out filling into each egg white. Garnish with a small slice of jalapeño if desired.