This is a great picnic salad. Add tuna, sliced hard boiled eggs or chunks of different cheeses for a heartier version. All you need now is a wicker picnic basket, a great wine and a guilt-free afternoon off.
- Prep Time
- 10 servings ServingsServings
- 1 (1-pound) box elbow macaroni, cooked according to package directions
- 1 cup (4-ounces) cheddar cheese, cut into 1/4- inch cubes
- 1 large celery stalk, diced
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup packaged shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Israeli (Mediterranean) pickles packed in brine, diced (optional)
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl until well combined.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
At a BBQ, try a non-dairy version of this macaroni salad. Replace the sour cream and cubes of cheese with soy sour cream and chunks of turkey or any meat of your choice.
Contributed by: Quick & Kosher, JAMIE GELLER