You will need about 1 to 1 ½ pounds of chicken for this recipe. Bake, grill, sauté or prepare your chicken however you enjoy it best. You can also use leftover chicken for this slightly sweet citrusy salad.
As a starter, it serves 8; but if you're using it for dinner, this recipe really gives you about 4 nice dinner portions.
Oh, and you’ll love the dressing – a flavorful combo f honey, Dijon mustard, rice vinegar and olive oil. Double it and keep it in the fridge for a rainy day.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 ServingsServings
- 1 cup Mandarin oranges, drained (15-ounce)
- 1 bag spinach (5-ounce)
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, cut into ½-inch pieces (about 2 cups)
- 1 beefsteak tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoon sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
In a large bowl combine oranges, spinach, chicken, tomatoes and almonds.
In a small bowl whisk together oil, vinegar, honey, mustard, salt and pepper and immediately pour over salad. Toss to coat.