Take your cheesecake tradition to a whole new level with this little libation! Makes any number of shots.
- Prep Time
- Ripe mangos, cut into small chunks
- Clear apple juice
- Crème de Cacao (preferably from the freezer)
- *Homemade vanilla extract (the vodka/vanilla combo makes this work)
- Cinnamon Cream cheese or whole-milk vanilla yogurt
- One sleeve of your favorite dairy cookies
1. Chill moistened 1.5-oz. shot glasses in the freezer for several minutes to get them nice and icy cold.
2. While the glasses are chilling, mash some of the cream cheese or yogurt with some of the cookies until you get a paste thick enough to spread around the rim of the shot glasses. This mix serves as the “crust” of your liquid cheesecake bite.
3. When the glasses are cold, remove them from freezer and rim the edge of each glass with the creamy cookie mixture.
1. Muddle a mango chunk in the bottom of each iced/rimmed shot glass.
2. Add ½ oz. of the apple juice.
3. Add ½ oz. Crème de Cacao.
4. Add ¼ oz. homemade vanilla.
5. Add a dash of cinnamon.
6. Stir well.
*Homemade Vanilla: Once you get used to making your own vanilla, which is so much more flavorful and cheaper than the imitation vanilla sold on store shelves, you will never go back.
Recipe published in JOY of KOSHER with Jamie Geller Magazine Shavuot 2015 SUBSCRIBE NOW