There is nothing I love more than pizza and pasta for the ultimate carb fest. At least there are veggies included!
Don't worry I always keep it simple, you can make this dinner with your favorite store-bought pizza dough and pizza sauce, just don't skimp on the cheese and add some fresh basil for that gourmet effect.
The pasta salad can be made with leftover pasta from your kids lunch.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 10-ounces pizza dough – fresh or defrosted
- 6-ounces pizza sauce
- 6-ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced ¼-inch thick
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 5 to 6 leaves fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 cup cooked corkscrew pasta
- 1 cup chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup sliced black olives
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons store bought pesto
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Kosher salt
Preheat oven to 475℉. Sprinkle flour on rimless baking sheet and set aside.
1. On a lightly floured surface, roll out pizza dough to a 12-inch circle and transfer to prepared baking sheet. Top with pizza sauce, mozzarella, salt, pepper and basil. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and crust is golden brown.
2. In a large bowl combine pasta with chickpeas, olives, onion and radishes and stir well. Add pesto and vinegar and stir to coat well. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve at room temperature or chilled.