Editor's Note: Matbucha is a cooked salad which melds together the rich flavors of tomato, roasted bell peppers, garlic, and onion, which are blended into a dip that is perfect on challah.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 green pepper, halved and seeded
- ¼ cup onion
- 5 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup oil
- ½ tablespoon salt
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Toss tomatoes, pepper, onion and garlic with oil, salt and red pepper. Roast for 25 minutes. Let cool.
3. Place in food processor with tomato paste. Pulse until chunky.
Place in covered container in fridge until ready to serve.