- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- Vinaigrette : 1/2 Cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon lemon rind, grated
- Salad : 1 Can (11 ounces) corn with red and green peppers, well drained
- 1 Can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and well drained
- 1 Medium jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 Can (4 ounces) sliced black olives, well drained
- 1 Small onion, diced fine
- Turkey : 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 Teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 Teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 Pound TURKEY BREAST CUTLETS, cut into 1/4-inch x 1-inch strips
1 Vinaigrette : In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, pepper, oregano, salt and lemon rind. Blend well.
2 Salad : In a large bowl, combine corn, black beans, jalapeno pepper, olives, onion and 1/4 cup vinaigrette. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours.
3 Turkey : In a large bowl, combine chili powder, cumin, lemon pepper and garlic salt. Add turkey strips and toss to coat well. In large non-stick skillet, over medium-high heat, saute turkey in oil 4 to 5 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink.
Source: National Turkey Federation