Here is a great appetizer idea for any passover meal! These Meat Matzo Pizzas or Meatzas are a play on Lachmagine, a traditional Syrian dish made with pizza dough and sautéed ground beef.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 ServingsServings
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil, to taste
- 1 Tablespoon, Minced Shallots
- 1 Tablespoon, Minced Garlic
- 1/2 Cup Ground Beef
- 1/4 Teaspoon Chili Flakes
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Sea Salt, to taste
- 1 Teaspoon of Tomato Paste
- 4 Slices of Whole Wheat Matza
- Cilantro, to garnish
1. Heat a heavy bottom frying pan drizzled with Olive Oil.
2. Sweat shallots and garlic until clear.
3. Add ground beef, and sauté.
4. Add spices and continue to stir the ground beef mixture until it breaks apart into fine pieces.
5. Mix in Tomato Paste and allow mixture to cook uncovered for 7 minutes.
6. While the meat is cooking, soak Matza for about three minutes until slightly softened.
7. Cut the Matza into Large even squares and set aside.
8. Once the meat is ready spoon onto matzo slices and sprinkle with cilantro.
9. Serve Hot.