Step outside the pizza box with this unique take on a Mediterranean pizza. Instead of tomato sauce use hummus, layer your favorite veggies and cheese and then bake to help all the flavors meld together. You will love this pizza for any night of the week or it can be cut up into small pieces and served as an appetizer at your next party.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 1 small orange or yellow bell pepper, cut into thin slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 frozen pizza dough, defrosted (9-ounce)
- 2 to 3 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon store bought hummus
- 1 small tomato on the vine, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, halved
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese, such as Tnuva
- pinch dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
In a small sauté pan, cook bell pepper slices with olive oil over medium high heat for 5 to 8 minutes or until slightly softened.
Meanwhile, preheat oven to 450 F. Sprinkle a rimless baking sheet with 1 tablespoon flour and set aside.
On a lightly floured surface, roll out pizza dough to a 10-inch circle and transfer to prepared baking sheet. Prick dough all over with a fork to help prevent large bubbles from forming during baking. Spread dough with hummus and then layer on sliced tomato, bell peppers, olives and feta. Sprinkle with oregano.
Bake for 12 to 16 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese looks hot. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with dill. Cut into 6 to 8 wedges and serve immediately.