- Dressing:1/2 cup canola oil 125 mL
- 1/4 cup lime juice 60 mL
- 2 tsp lime zest 10 mL
- 1 clove garlic, minced 1
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro 60 mL
- 1 chipotle pepper (in adobe sauce), finely chopped 1
- Salad:6 whole wheat tortillas, cut into triangles 6
- 1 bag (16oz/450g) coleslaw mix 1
- 1/2 cup sliced celery 125 mL
- 1 orange pepper, seeded and diced 1
- 1 red pepper, seeded and diced 1
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced 1
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion 60 mL
- 1 can (19oz/540 mL) black beans, drained and rinsed 1
1 To prepare dressing combine canola oil, lime juice, lime zest, garlic, cilantro and chipotle pepper. Mix well and set aside.
2 Place tortilla triangles on foil lined baking sheet. Brush tops with adobe sauce from chipotle pepper. Bake at 375F (190C) until toasted and crispy, about 8-10 minutes. Set aside.
3 Place coleslaw mix in large salad bowl. Add remaining salad ingredients ( except for tortilla triangles) as well as dressing and toss ingredients to mix. Serve coleslaw with toasted tortilla triangles.