Whether a side dish or main dish, a salad is perfect for spring and summer.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 ounces uncooked pasta
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15-ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 (15-ounce) can beans, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1½ to 2 cups salsa
- Tortilla chips
- Sour:cream (optional)
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, rinse in cold water, drain again and set the pasta aside.
2. Drain and rinse black beans. Drain corn and garbanzo beans.
3. In a large bowl, combine pasta, black beans, corn, garbanzo beans, cilantro, green pepper, cheese and olives.
4. Add about 1 cup salsa and mix to combine.
5. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour for the flavors to combine.
6. Before serving, season to taste by stirring in up to 1 cup more salsa.
7. Line the serving bowl with tortilla chips and spoon the salad in the center. Garnish with additional tortilla chips, a dollop sour cream, salsa, and a sprig of cilantro. .