- Prep Time
- 8 servings ServingsServings
- 8 prepared individual pizza crusts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella chesse
- 1 (15-ounce) can chopped tomatoes, drained
- 1 (6-ounc) can tomato paste
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (11-ounce) can sweet yellow corn Niblets, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly grease a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place pizza crusts on prepared cookie sheet and brush with olive oil.
- Bake pizza crusts, uncovered, at 425 degrees for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime mix cheeses in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine tomatoes, tomato paste, beans, corn, Tabasco and salt.
- Remove crusts from the oven and divide tomato mixture evenly among the 8 crusts. Spread to within about 1/4-inch of edges.
- Sprinkle with cheeses.
- Return to oven. Bake, uncovered, at 425 degrees for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and pizza crusts are pale brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Top each pizza with 2 to 3 slices of fresh avocado or a few slices of jarred hot pepper rings immediately before serving.
Contributed by: Quick & Kosher, JAMIE GELLER
This delicious and nutritious Mexican-style pizza is also adapted from a fabulous handbook for good eating: Healthy Cooking, part of the Cookshelf Series from Parragon Publishing.