Serve these charming small cakes for any festive occasion. Fresh pears are baked into the mini Bundt cakes and are also served sliced and gently heated with the figs and delightful brandied honey sauce. Your guests will go ga-ga over this sweet palate-pleaser!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup finely grated, peeled Northwest Bosc or other firm, ripe USA Pear
- 1/4 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3/4 cup buttermilk (or 3/4 cup soy milk mixed with 1 tablespoon lemon juice)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Generously coat 6 mini-bundt ® pans * with vegetable cooking spray.
- In large bowl, cream sugar and butter until with electric mixer about 5 minutes. On low speed, beat in egg, then pear and ginger.
- Sift together flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and allspice. Add flour mixture in three additions, alternating with buttermilk.
- Spread batter evenly in pans. Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until pick inserted in cake comes out clean. Cool in pan 5 minutes.
- Turn out onto wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- While cakes bake, prepare sauce: Place pear slices in bowl and toss gently with lemon juice; set aside.
- In small saucepan combine water, honey and 1/4 cup brandy. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer 2 minutes.
- Add figs and simmer 3 minutes. Stir in pear slices. Remove from heat and stir in remaining 1 tablespoon brandy.
- To serve, place cakes on small plates. Arrange three pear slices on each plate. Top with figs, dividing evenly.
- Drizzle 1 to 2 tablespoons brandy-honey sauce over fruit and cake on each plate. Makes 6 servings.