These mini poppy-seed pound cake mini loaves are a delectable indulgence. Make some for yourself or bake some as gift.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 5 mini loavesServings
- 1/2 cup parve whip
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1/3 cup poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 ounces Tofutti cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon pareve whip
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Beat pareve whip until stiff peaks form. In a separate bowl, beat together the brown sugar, eggs and vanilla.
3. On a low speed, mix in the dry ingredients. Fold in the whip.
3. Spoon the batter into greased five 1/2x3x2-inch mini loaf pans. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Check after 10 minutes to make sure they don't overcook.
4. Cool in pan for 2 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool completely.
5. For frosting, whip together the Tofutti cream cheese, pareve whip and vanilla. Beat in the powdered sugar. Frost each cake and store in airtight container.
Contributed by: GourmetKosherCooking.com