These potatoes are browned to perfection in duck fat. The perfect companion t a mouthwatering Sous Vide Steak.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
Mini Potato Fondants
- 8-10 new potatoes
- 2 cups of water (or stock)
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons duck fat
Parsley Root Puree
- 1 large parsley root
- 1 cup of pareve cream
1. Peel the potatoes and cut off the tops and bottoms so that they stand flat. Heat the duck fat in a high sided sauce pan, and place the potatoes, flat side down, into the pan. Allow the potatoes to turn golden brown on the bottom and then turn them over and do the same on the other side.
2. Add water (stock will enhance the flavor here and make the potatoes even richer) to the pot to just cover the potatoes and then add the rosemary and a good pinch of salt. Turn up the heat and cook until all the water has evaporated. Remove from the pan and serve atop the Parsley Root Puree.
To Make the Parsley Root Puree:
1. Peel the parsley root and cut into small chunks .
2. In a small saucepan, cover the parsley root with the cream and cook until fork tender.
3. Strain the parsley root, reserving the cream, and blend into a puree adding the reserved cream to get the desired consistency and salt to taste. For an extra smooth puree, pass through a fine sieve.