Kugel is a traditional Jewish food, completing any holiday plate. These mini spinach and artichoke kugels are the perfect size to serve to your company, and they add a rich green color and taste to your plate.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 24 mini kugelsServings
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, such as Colavita
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (10-ounce) pack frozen chopped spinach, defrosted
- 1 (8-ounce) pack frozen artichoke bottoms, defrosted and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely diced
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup matzo meal or bread crumbs
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease mini muffin pans with nonstick cooking spray, or line with disposable mini muffin papers.
2. Heat a large pan over medium heat, then add evoo and onion. Sauté 3 to 5 minutes, or until onions are translucent.
3. Add spinach and artichokes. Sauté 3 to 5 minutes, then add garlic, salt, and pepper. Remove from heat.
4. Add eggs and matzo meal; mix. Spoon batter into tin.
5. Bake 30 minutes at 350°F. Allow to cool 3 to 4 minutes and serve.