- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 ServingsServings
- 1/3 cup roasted walnut oil
- 1 tablespoon Chinese toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon finely minced fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely minced fresh ginger
- Several grinds of fresh black pepper A pinch of cayenne
- 1/4 pound medium-sized mushroom caps (very fresh, u201ctight,u201d and white)
- 2 pounds broccoli, cut into 2-inch spears
- 1/3 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups walnut halves, lightly toasted
1 Combine the first 9 ingredients in a large bowl. Stir in the mushrooms.
2 Steam the broccoli until just tender and bright green. Refresh under cold running water, then drain thoroughly and pat dry
3 Add this to the marinating mushrooms, and stir gently until well coated.
4 Cover tightly and allow to marinate at room temperature for at least 2 hours. If marinating longer, refrigerate.
5 Stir in the vinegar within 15 minutes of serving. Sprinkle on the walnuts at the very last minute.
Source: Walnut Board