This delicious fish is a Friday night standby make sure you have some delicious bread on hand as the sauce is divine for dipping (and wiping the plate clean!)
In place of the paprika, cumin, salt and pepper use 3 tablespoons Jamie Geller Chraime.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- Olive oil
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- 2 heaping tablespoons sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon spicy paprika
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup (240 g) tomato paste
- 5 small fish filets, skin on (any white fish or salmon will work)
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 spicy pepper, chopped
- 1 small head of garlic, chopped
- 2 large handfuls chopped parsley
- 2 large handfuls chopped cilantro
1 In a large pot (big enough to place each filet in with minimal or no overlap) place a drizzle of oil, layer sliced tomato to cover the bottom of the pot. Place pot over medium heat.
2 In a small bowl mix paprikas, cumin, and salt or Jamie Geller Chraime with tomato paste.
3 Place filets skin down on the sliced tomatoes. Spread the spice paste over each filet.
4 Place peppers over top and sprinkle with garlic, parsley and cilantro.
5 Pour over 2 cups water around the edge of the pot and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook for 45 minutes. Serve hot.