- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 cups uncooked Barilla Plus penne
- 2 .5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 16- ounce bag frozen shelled edamame (fresh soybeans)
- 4 sundried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup All-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 pound skinless salmon fillets, pan-seared and cut into 6 strips
1 Bring a large saucepan of water to boil and prepare pasta according to package directions.
2 Heat one and 1/2 tablespoons olive oil in large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
3 Add a single layer of mushrooms and onions and cook, without stirring, for about five minutes or until mushrooms become red-brown on one side. Turn ingredients and cook about five minutes more, until other side is same color. Add edamame and stir.
4 Add tomato and sprinkle with flour and salt; stir for three to four minutes to slightly cook the flour.
5 Pour in wine and broth, and then stir to integrate flour into the liquid. Cook until sauce thickens, about five to 10 minutes.
6 In a separate skilled, cook salmon in remaining olive oil, for about three minutes on each side.
7 Add cooked pasta to other ingredients and gently stir to combine. Cook until thoroughly warm and top with salmon strips to serve.
Source: Photo and Recipe Courtesy of Mushroom Council and Mushroominfo.com