- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 servings ServingsServings
- 3 whole:skinless, boneless chicken breasts, halved
- 2 medium:onions, diced
- 4 tomatoes,:peeled, seeded, and diced
- 12 large:stuffed olives, sliced
- 2-1/2 tablespoons:raisins
- 2-1/2 tablespoons:capers
- 2 cups:orange juice
- 1 seedless:orange, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup:sliced almonds
- In a covered skillet sauté the onion in the olive oil over low heat for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the lid and continue cooking over low heat until the onions are limp, translucent and golden, approximately 20 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, olives, raisins, and capers. Bring the sauce to a boil, reduce heat and simmer over medium heat for approximately 10 minutes until some of the liquid has evaporated.
- Add the orange juice and stir until well blended and any brown bits are loosened from the pan. Stir in the orange bits.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and set it aside. In a large saute pan, cook chicken breasts in olive oil until they are brown on both sides but not totally cooked (about 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Pour the orange-olive sauce over the chicken. Bring sauce to a boil. Cover chicken and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Alternatively: Place chicken in shallow baking dish; pour sauce over chicken breasts. Cover and bake in 350 oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove cover and bake additional 10 minutes. Sprinkle the top of the dish with almonds just before serving.
- Makes 3 servings.