Use a crock pot to make these oriental pecans. Cook them on low for about two hours, then cool and enjoy.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 cupsServings
- 1 pound pecan halves
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
1. Place pecans in crock pot.
2. In a bowl, combine the melted margarine or butter, soy sauce, five-spice powder, garlic powder, ginger and red pepper. Pour over nuts and stir to coat.
3. Cover. Cook on low setting for 2 hours.
4. Uncover and stir.
5. Turn to high-heat setting. Cover and continue cooking on high for 15 to 30 minutes.