This easy pasta salad makes great use of leftover chicken or a store bought rotisserie bird. The salad also keeps well refrigerated for a few days and is perfect to take to work or school for lunch.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 cup (s)Servings
- 1 pound orzo
- 2 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook orzo according to package instructions. Drain well and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine orzo, chicken, chickpeas, olives, green onion and dill.
In a small bowl whisk together lemon juice, olive oil and garlic.
Pour dressing over orzo salad and toss well to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.