This is the secret to the best, crispiest sweet potato chips that can also be stored for a week ahead of time. Low and slow.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, such as Colavita
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (optional)
Preheat oven to 250°F.
1. Slice sweet potatoes into 1/16th-inch slices. Use a mandoline for even results.
2. Toss sweet potatoes with evoo, kosher salt and pumpkin pie spice (if you are using).
3. Cook for 1 hour and then flip chips over. Cook another hour.
4. Remove from oven and serve warm or allow to cool and store in ziplock bags for up to a week.