This sweet twist on traditional guacamole can be made up to 4 hours ahead. Cover it with plastic wrap touching the top of the guacamole, sealing out all air and keep it refrigerated.
- Prep Time
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, pitted and diced
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ½ to ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- Dash hot sauce
- ½ small yellow onion, peeled and diced
- ½ ripe papaya, peeled, seeded and cut into ¼-inch dice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 (6-ounce) bag tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine avocado, lemon juice, salt and hot sauce. Mash with a fork to reach desired consistency, leaving some chunks.
- Stir in onion, papaya and cilantro and serve with tortilla chips.