This gluten-free, non-dairy cake can be made on Passover and all year round and uses leftover cooked quinoa. Everyone that tasted it was shocked that it was gluten free and that it was made from cooked quiona — you must try it.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 16 ServingsServings
- 2 cup cooked quinoa (cooled)
- ⅓ cup unsweetened almond milk or other pareve "milk"
- 4 whole large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup coconut oil, melted (or ½ cup margarine + ½ cup oil)
- 1¼ cup sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Garnish: cocoa powder and melted chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 13- x 9-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
2. In a food processor or blender combine the quinoa, non-dairy milk, eggs, vanilla, coconut oil, and sugar. Blend for 30 seconds to 1 minute until complete smooth and blended.
3. Sift cocoa powder, coffee, baking powder, baking soda and salt together in a separate bowl.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix well. Pour into parchment-lined baking pan.
5. Bake at 350°F for around 45 minutes. Garnish with cocoa powder and melted chocolate.