- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 ServingsServings
- 4 cups cubed French bread
- 3 large Eggs, beaten
- 2 cups fat free milk
- 1/2 cup Granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 – 21 ounce can peach pie filling (reserve 1/2 cup for topping, optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter, cut into small pieces
1 Preheat oven to 350°F.
2 Spread bread cubes in 11 x 7-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray. Whisk together eggs, milk, granulated sugar and almond extract.
3 Stir in pie filling, reserving ½ cup for use as a topping. Pour mixture over bread cubes; press into bread with back of spoon.
4 Combine cinnamon and brown sugar and sprinkle on top of bread mixture. Add sliced almonds and dot with butter. Bake 50 to 55 minutes until knife comes out clean.
5 Serve warm with peach pie filling on top.
6 Cover and refrigerate any leftovers for up to 3 days. Reheat to serve.
Source: Wheat Foods Council