A unique charoset recipe that will make everyone question, what is that recipe and why do we save it only for Passover.
- 4 cup (s)Servings
- 2 ripe pears, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 cup crumbled roasted chestnuts (5.2 oz. package)
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup dried carnberries or cherries
- 2 teaspoon grated fresh orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoon sweet white Passover wine
Combine the pears, chestnuts, cashews, raisins, cranberries, orange peel, cinnamon, honey, orange juice and wine in a bowl, mix and let rest for at least 2 hours before serving. May be made 1-2 days ahead.