The cool and crisp tartness of this pear grapefruit granita is the perfect palate pleaser after a full-course meal! It will pair well with your favorite honey or green tea cake (or with those amazing brownies and mandelbrot that you are already famous for).
- Prep Time
- 2 cups fresh-squeezed grapefruit juice
- 1 tablespoon pear liqueur
- 1 tablespoon Crème de Cassis
- Zest of ½ a lemon
1. In a large bowl, combine 2 cups fresh-squeezed grapefruit juice with 1 tablespoon each of pear liqueur and Crème de Cassis. Add the zest of ½ a lemon and combine well.
2. Pour into a shallow glass or ceramic pan (or over-sized, flexible ice cube trays) and place into the freezer for about 2 hours, stirring lightly every ½ hour to break up the crystals and maintain a slushy consistency. Best when served right away,
Tip: If it freezes too hard, the granita should be pulsed in the food processor if it freezes too much.
To serve, scoop into chilled martini glasses, dust with cinnamon and sugar, and garnish with fresh blackberries.
Recipe originally published in Joy of Kosher with Jamie Geller Magazine Fall 2014