Nuts are a basic commodity on Pesach and can be used as here to enhance the coating on chicken. The duck sauce - honey combination together with the pecans make an impressive holiday meal.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 (16-ounce) jar Pesach duck sauce
- 1 cup dried apricots, chopped
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1½ cups matzo meal
- ¾ cup chopped pecans
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded flat to an even thickness
1. Combine duck sauce with chopped apricots in a bowl. Let sit for at least an hour.
2. Preheat oven to 400°. Lightly spray a cooking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
3. In a medium bowl, combine honey, salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder. Whisk to combine.
4. In a shallow dish, combine matzo meal with pecans.
5. Brush chicken cutlets with honey mixture and then dredge in pecan mixture.
6. Place in a single layer in prepared pan; spray tops with cooking spray.
Bake for 20 minutes.
7. Serve chicken with apricot sauce.