Make this fondue with your favorite blend of cheeses and swirl in your best pesto. The flavors meld together beautifully and are really amazing with polenta dipping cubes and artichokes.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 1 (8 oz.) package Natural & Kosher Shredded Mozzarella
- 3 ounce Natural & Kosher Muenster, shredded
- 3 ounce Les Petitie Fremiere Fontina cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup pesto (I used spinach walnut)
1. Combine the cheeses and the cornstarch in a large bowl.
2. In a large pot (or fondue pot) over medium heat, heat the oil. Add in the garlic and let it cook until fragrant.
3. Add in the white wine and bring it to a simmer. Add in the cheese one handful at a time, whisking as it melts. Don’t add more cheese until the last batch has melted. Continue until all of the cheese has been used up. Once the cheese has entirely melted, mix in the pesto.
4. If you made it in a fondue pot, transfer that to the warming element. If not, keep the fondue on the burner on medium-low, or set it atop a pot holder and return to heat every 15-20 minutes to warm.
Serve with your choice of dippers. I made polenta cubes and crisped them up a bit in the oven. We also had broccoli, mushrooms and artichoke hearts and bottoms.