It's highly unlikely that your bubbie's chicken soup recipe had salsa on the list of ingredients. But give it a try in this Piquant Chicken Soup!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 servings ServingsServings
- 2 quarts:water
- 8 skinless,:boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon:salt
- 1 teaspoon:ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon:garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons:dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon:onion powder
- 5 cubes:chicken bouillon
- 3 tablespoons:olive oil
- 1 onion,:chopped
- 3 cloves garlic,:chopped
- 1 (16 ounce):jar chunky salsa
- 2 (14.5 ounce):cans peeled and diced tomatoes
- 1 (14.5 ounce):can whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 (10.75 ounce):can condensed tomato soup
- 3 tablespoons:chili powder
- 1 (15 ounce):can whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 (16 ounce):cans chili beans, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce):container pareve sour cream
- In a large pot over medium heat, combine water, chicken, salt, pepper, garlic powder, parsley, onion powder and bouillon cubes.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 1 hour, or until chicken juices run clear. Remove chicken, reserve broth.
- Shred chicken. In a large pot over medium heat, cook onion and garlic in olive oil until slightly browned.
- Stir in salsa, diced tomatoes, whole tomatoes, tomato soup, chili powder, corn, chili beans, shredded chicken and 5 cups broth.
- Simmer 30 minutes. Place soup into the bowls and place a dollop of pareve sour cream on the top Serves 8.