A perfect ending to your traditional Thanksgiving dinner. You can have pumpkin pie for dessert with this delicious dairy free/pareve variation.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Karo syrup
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch ground cloves
- 1 partially baked, 10-inch pie shell or frozen pie shell thawed
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Whisk together the eggs and the brown sugar in a large mixing bowl. Add the Karo syrup and whisk until smooth.
3. Stir in the coconut milk, pumpkin puree and rum. Add the salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves, and mix until incorporated.
4. Pour the mixture into the pie shell. Bake the pie for about 30 minutes, until set.
5. Cool the pie to room temperature and then serve with your favorite non-dairy topping