A Mediterranean variation of the traditional Ashkenazi carrot salad. The combination of carrot and pomegranate makes for a unique dish that can be served on holidays or special occasions.
- Prep Time
- 4 cups grated carrots
- 3/4 cup fresh pomegranate arils
- A small bunch of freshly chopped basil leaves
- 1 handfule of nuts or seeds (I use a mixture of almonds and sunflower seeds)
- Fresh juice of 1-2 lemons
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup of coconut milk (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger (optional)
- Coconut flakes to taste
- Mix everything together.
- Marinate for one hour before serving.