If your kids don’t like portobellos, feel free to use a whole wheat English muffin instead. I love how simple it is to pull together this sheet pan dinner complete with veggies and eggs.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 portobello mushrooms
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 cups diced tomatoes (fresh or canned)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried basil or 1/2 cup fresh
- 8 eggs
- 4 cups broccoli florets (fresh or frozen)
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Remove and discard stems from mushrooms. Using a spoon, scrape and remove gills. Brush caps with 2 tablespoons evoo. Place in an ungreased baking pan, stem side down. Bake for 5 minutes, while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- In a small bowl, mix tomatoes, cheeses, basil and and 2 tablespoons evoo.
- Toss broccoli with 2 tablespoons evoo and crushed garlic, and salt and pepper.
- Remove mushrooms from oven, turn over and fill caps with tomato mixture, making an indent in the middle. Carefully pour a cracked egg onto each mushroom. Place broccoli on the other side of the baking pan and put the pan in oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes until egg is set and broccoli is tender.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 460
- Carbohydrate Content: 19 g
- Cholesterol Content: 340 mg
- Fat Content: 35 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 27 g