This Potato and Cheddar Frittata combines the two best breakfast foods into one delectable recipe. Eggs and potatoes go together like salt and pepper, especially at breakfast or brunch.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, such as Colavita
- 2 large red potatoes, scrubbed and thinly sliced (about 1-pound)
- 1 small Spanish onion, thinly sliced
- 8 large eggs
- 2 tablespoon whole milk
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
2. In a 10-inch ovenproof nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add potatoes and cook 10 minutes or until beginning to get tender. Add onions and cook 5 minutes more, or until translucent.
3. In a large bowl, beat eggs with milk, salt and pepper. Stir in cheese. Pour over potatoes and onions and transfer to preheated oven. Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until set in the middle. Loosen edges with a spatula and slide out onto a plate. Cut into 6 slices and serve immediately.