Make a breakfast casserole out of hash brown potatoes and smoked salmon and enjoy a different kind of breakfast or brunch.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 eggs
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 cups hash brown potatoes, frozen shredded or fresh potatoes, grated
- 2 cups sliced green onions
- 1 (5-ounce) package garlic-herb cheese, chilled
- 2 - 3 ounces smoked salmon, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375℉. In a bowl combine the eggs, salt, and pepper and whisk until just combined.
- Heat oil in an ovenproof 9"- to 10"- nonstick skillet until very hot but not smoking.
- Add the potatoes and green onion to oil, stirring a few times, then cover and cook until beginning to brown, about 4 minutes.
- Stir potato once or twice and then cover and cook 3 minutes more.
- Pour the egg mixture over the potatoes and crumble cheese over eggs. Sprinkle the chopped smoked salmon over the top of the cheese.
- Place the skillet in the oven and bake uncovered, until set about 15 minutes.
- Remove the casserole from the oven and either serve directly from the skillet or put a plate over the top of the skillet and invert the dish onto a plate and serve immediately.