Change up your schnitzel and make it gluten free using potato chips instead of breadcrumbs. The flavor and the crunch that results is spectacular.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 ServingsServings
- 4 eggs, beaten
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups crushed potato chips
- 8 thin sliced chicken breasts
- Canola oil for frying
- Honey mustard, optional
1. Prepare 2 baking sheets. Line only one with paper towels.
2. Places eggs in a shallow bowl, season with pepper.
3. Fill a second shallow bowl with crushed potato chips.
4. Working with one cutlet at a time in assembly line fashion, submerge the chicken in the beaten eggs to coat thoroughly. Then cover with potato chips pressing gently to coat both sides.
5. Place on baking sheet without the paper towels.
6. Repeat with remaining chicken.
7. Place a large saute pan with 1/4 to 1/2 inch of oil over medium high heat.
8. Once oil is shimmering and hot fry chicken 2 to 3 minutes per side. For crispy chicken do not overcrowd the pan. Transfer to drain on the paper towel lined baking sheet.
9. Repeat with remaining chicken.
10. Serve warm with honey mustard.